Saturday, October 24, 2009

Green Drinks

I've always been interested in Herbal things. Anytime someone has some ailment I pull out my Herb Bible and check out what herbs might fix the problem. alas I never follow though I usual wait it out or go pick up some OTC med. Of course I do know that somethings call for a doctor and prescription medicine and I'm not opposed to following the direction and guidance of my families doctor. But I also think that there is a purpose of those herbs and are we using them as much as we could be to help us be healthier? I finally took the plunge.

I was concerned about the illnesses that are going around this time of year. My first step was to get my family to just begin taking vitamins everyday a multi vitamin, a chewable c vitamin, and for the two who are not fans of milk they get a calcium chew. Next I picked up echinacea. My two youngest had a hard time with that one, they haven't learned to swallow pills and a herb type is not as easy to learn as a capsule would be (probably my fault for not teaching them on something else). But Shortly after I was introduced to the Green Drink. I researched it and realized that what the green drink offers is what I had been looking for. So I bought it. Surprisingly I've managed to get my family to take it. They don't like it, but I don't hear the gagging sounds anymore as they choke it down.

Actually we learned that Cranberry Crystal Light covers the taste well without sugar. We started out at a low dose half a scoop 'Green Vibrance' in 1/3 cup of juice and our 'back up' juice. We learned that if you stir it until just prior drinking it it keeps the powdery mixture mixed in and it does not settle at the bottom. And if you just drink you don't have time to even taste it. Until After. Hence the 'back up' juice. We drink the mix and immediately follow it with a few ounces of regular cranberry juice. The girls have done quiet well with it.

Why did we do this? As most know I have two girls with Juvenile Diabetes. Their immune system is weak. And since we don't always eat the best anyway we could all benefit from the awesome vitamins, and minerals this stuff offers.

So far so well - we all feel better, have more energy, than before, which is something we all enjoy. Maybe there is something about herbs and the knowledge of how to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment