Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sweet 16

Wow I know everyone says this, but I just can't believe where time went. When did my first baby grow up. I realize it's a day by day process, but one day I was teaching her to walk and the next I was teaching her to drive. I have to say though I love being a mom to teenagers. We have a good thing going our home and I love it. When the kids were younger I joked with my Mother that her wish had come true. I got 4 daughter who were suppose to turn into a teenager just like me. That's not what happened though, I ended up with great kids, with their own personalities. They are perfect in their un-perfect human bodies. Life is not easy, wonderful and great every single moment, but the good moments out weigh the bad moments. Sunday Alyssa turns 16 I don't have many more opportunities to teach her, to guide her, and to have long talks about boys with her. However no matter how old she gets she'll still always be my favorite oldest daughter.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitly relate your your sentiments. As your kids slowly close the gap to adulthood you realize your time of being an influence on them in coming to an end and I absolutly love the relationship I have with my almost 16 year old. Teens can truly be a delight, no matter what society says aboout them. I guess our parenting says alot about us doesn't it? Happy 16th Alyssa

    ReplyDelete