Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Potholes and Warm Fuzzy Slippers

At 5:30 AM this morning I was driving Alyssa, Gary and Jamie to Seminary (early morning religious studies). The car was quiet so I had a lot of time to think. My brain and body on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep was getting annoyed with all the bumps, and potholes in the road and I wished for better roads. However I realized I should have been grateful instead. Grateful that I was not born a 100 years ago. Coming accross the plains in a wagon would probably drove me insain. And that is only if I was lucky enough go get to ride in the wagon. I think I would have been grateful for the times I got to be in the wagon - bumps and all. I'd have made it to the Salt Lake Valley, but only to be the first patient in the mental institution, that would have had to of been built for me. As for the warm Fuzzy Slippers, it's getting colder here in Texas and I love my slippers at 5:30 AM out in the cold. I would not have had that comfort either a 100 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment